Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Painted Vinyl Floorcloth!

I have been wanting to paint a vinyl floorcloth for years now. I first saw a design on Design Dazzle at http://designdazzle.blogspot.com/2009/05/painted-floor-rug-diy.html.

I finally got around to Lowes to get a small piece for Sophia's restroom.
Here is the vinyl, primed with left over KILZ primer. 
I then painted in all in a glossy blue oops paint from Lowe's.
Got an image that I liked off the internet and started painting! Lots and lots of nights of painting. Probably took about a week worth of nights. Cover everything!!!
 I used regular Folk Art, Americana and Apple Barrel craft paint for Dora. It took a few coats to cover the deep blue. Here is a spotted Dora, don't worry, it all matches when its dry.
 After painting, outlining and touchups, I let the craft paint dry overnight. Then took it in the garage for two coats of sealer.
Here is the finished product! We love it. Large enough to cover a big area and personalized!! What's not to love!!??!
 Another view.
 Good Cheap Old Vinyl!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment